Examples of Potential Application
- Antigen-drug conjugate (ADC)
- PEGylation of peptide for stabilization
- Labeling of protein/peptide for Micro dose clinical analysis or research
- Homologous molecule can be obtained with high efficiency and no sidechain reaction.
- Kinds of building block for “Click Chemistry” are available to link various molecules.
- Natural protein/peptide can be modified.
Background and Technology
- There are several protein linking methods for functionalization. Some non-specifically target several functional groups of protein and may affect original function of the protein, and others need protein modification at a gene design level.
- Newly developed linker, 6-(Azidomethyl)-2-pyridinecarbaldehyde (6AzPC), selectively reacts with N-terminal and introduces an azido group, which can promote following Cu-catalyzed azide-alkyne cycloaddition (CuAAC), known as “Click Chemistry” or Strain-promoted AAC reaction (SPAAC).
- 6AzPC was synthesized from 2,6-pyridinedicarboxylic acid by five-step (total yield: 37%).
- Azide is successfully introduced in proteins’ N-terminal (eg. Ribonuclease A, Cytchrome b562).
- 6AzPC does not react with cytochrome c which has post transcriptional N-terminal modification.
- Ethynyl coumarin, oligoethylene glycol, rhdamine, biotin are successfully linked (yield: ~99%).
Prof. Takashi HAYASHI Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Japan (http://www.applied-bioinorganic.jp/en/).
- We are seeking companies to license and commercialize this technology.
- Samples of 6AzPC for your evaluation are available under material transfer agreement (MTA).